Insurance Coverage and Payment Information
Typically, families rely on one of three methods to help pay for their child’s medical treatment:
- A health insurance plan, such an HMO, PPO or POS, available through a private health benefits company
- Illinois Medicaid
- Or, the state of Illinois’ All Kids health care program. Visit www.allkids.com to learn about eligibility requirements and covered services.
La Rabida Children’s Hospital contracts with various health benefits companies. However, not all hospital services are reimbursable through all the plans of these insurance and managed care companies. We encourage patient families to verify La Rabida is a participating provider of their health benefits network and that services their child may require are benefits eligible.
Depending on your child’s insurance type and benefits coverage, you may be asked to pay a portion of the charges.
La Rabida offers financial assistance to patient families who submit the patient financial assistance form and meet eligibility requirements.
Insurance Plans We Accept
- Advanced Physicians Association
- BCE Emergis
- Blue Cross MCNP (Blue Choice)
- Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross HMO Illinois (with a referral)
- Chicago Health Systems
- Community Health Alliance
- First Health Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Network
- Hammond Clinic LLC
- Health Payors Organization
- HealthSelect IPA
- Hinsdale Physicians Healthcare Association
- Personal Care
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Preferred Network Access
- Preferred Plan/Interplan
- Pro America
- Sagamore Health Network
- Southwest Health Systems
- United Healthcare
- University of Chicago Practice Plan